Monday, January 31, 2011

My Project Life Revealed

So, months ago I had seen Project Life advertised on Becky Higgins’ blog and thought it was way cool and that my best friend could really use this. So, I bought it for her for Christmas. When I opened the box to look at it before wrapping (yes, I peeked!) I really got excited about it and wanted one for myself. So, I asked David for it for Christmas and I got it!!!


Like most people using PL I started on January 1st. I’m a chronological scrapper anyway so this makes sense to me. I’d been feeling the need to change the way I scrapbooked and when I saw this kit I knew this would work great for me.

So, now that I’ve completed almost 4 weeks now I thought that I could show you mine. Becky has a video tutorial on her blog about how to put the thing together, so I did that. I even put all the journaling cards in their places so I just had to plug pics in and pull out the respective card and write a few sentences.

I also, needed to find a way to get my pictures conveniently. I’ve been using the app Project 365 on my phone for a couple of months now and it reminds me every day to take a picture. So then I send my pics to Shutterfly and they print out at Target. I go to Target every week so this works perfectly for me. I just upload the pics on a Friday (the end of my week) and get them on Monday.






Right now I’m trying to focus on taking a picture a day and not on the quality of the picture. I do use my camera for some pictures but most are from my phone. So far this is working well and once I put the pics in it only takes 15min or so to write some journaling for that week.

I LOVE this! This system is forcing me to focus on our day to day lives not just the big events. And instead of facts, I focus on feelings/emotions. Even David has started taking a picture a day (POD) on his phone as well.

If you aren’t familiar with this product go check out Becky Higgins blog. You can order Project Life on Amazon by clicking it on the right side of the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment[Reply to comment]

Please leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you!
I will respond to questions in the comments, Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...