Tuesday, December 7, 2010

New kind of Scrapbooking

Most of my albums, wow I have a lot!
I've been a scrapbooker for almost 12years. I had a friend that sold Creative Memories back then and I fell in love! I was recently married and had wedding pics I wanted to do something with. I'd always loved creating with my hands and my mom instilled in me the importance of keeping family memories/records. So I quickly jumped right in. After a couple of years I was getting bored with the selection of products that CM offered and found some SB stores and fell in love all over again! So many new things to play with! So I started changing the way I was SBing. I loved the hobby and I loved knowing I was giving my family a physical record of our life.

Trey's baby book
Fast forward to a few months ago. I had some pages waiting to get started and I had no motivation to get them done. Not always a surprise with me, I sometimes go in spurts with my creativity. I get very motivated and do a ton then go a couple of months before I'm ready to go again. But this time I just haven't felt like it. I think I've finally realized that maybe I need to change the way I SB.

I found that Becky Higgins (the SB queen) had created some kits that help you SB but not the traditional whole page kind of way. It's called Project Life and encourages you to record your everyday life not just the big events. This appealed to me cause I had no problem with the big events but struggled with the everyday stuff. It was also super simple and so it didn't take up a lot of time. So, I'm really hoping I can snag myself one of these kits soon (they aren't out yet but should be soon).

In November I found this app for my iPhone that's called Project 365 (I think it was free or really cheap). It reminds me daily to take a pic and then in the app it shows me my pics in a monthly view and also has a spot to write what was going on if you want. I've loved this! I really like looking back over the last month and seeing what we've done and all the cute things I've managed to photograph Trey doing!

This is a pic of what my November looked like.
So, I think I'm definitely changing the way I'm going to be SBing in the future. I might still do the occasional whole page but I think for most stuff I'll try to do a much quicker version.

I'd love to hear about how you record your family's memories or if you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment[Reply to comment]

Please leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you!
I will respond to questions in the comments, Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...