Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Natural Ways

Well, it's Wednesday and I don't have a WIWW post to share with you. This last week has been crazy and I just didn't take any clothes pics, partly because what I was wearing was stuff I've already shown!

So, I thought I'd talk about something else. This has been on my mind and heart a lot lately and I love learning more about it.

I've been trying to learn what I can about essential oils and herbs and how they are used to heal our bodies, and maintain health in our bodies.

About a year or so ago I started to hear about how essential oils can be a healthy alternative to over the counter drugs. I loved the idea of relying on them for relief or help rather than a drug. When I was prego I had made the decision to had a drug free labor and birth. I didn't like that what meds I took my baby was getting too, even when he didn't need it. I didn't want that stuff going into his tiny growing body. Since his birth I've tried to not take a pill for every little thing even though he wasn't going to get it.

So, when hearing about a way to find relief from sore throat, anxiety, pain, breathing problems and such in a good for my body way, I was SO interested!

You know it makes sense that the God of this universe who created all we see, can create plants that will heal and take care of us in a way that is good for us.

I did buy a few basic oils that I thought our family would use the most: Lavender, (it is a calming oil helpful in relaxing, also good for cuts and burns to heal the skin) Eucalyptus (it's great for opening up breathing passages), Peppermint (also good to help you breathe and good for headaches), Lemon (it's good for sore throats and cleaning) and Orange (I'm not sure what it's good for but I bought it to use in my homemade cleaners, smells so good!).

There are more oils that I'd like to add and I'm trying to learn more about the ones I have. I'd love to trash most of my medicine drawer stuff because we've found healthier alternatives.

I've also been slowly learning about herbs as well, although I haven't been able to try any yet. But that is my goal in the next few months.

I really like using the oils and knowing I can use them on Trey (they can be used on babies too) and that I'm not drugging him or putting something artificial in his body, as well as mine and David's.

I've felt lead for a while to take care of my family in a healthier way and I'm learning daily some of the ways God has provided a way for me to do that.

If you'd like to learn more on essential oils check out Finding My Niche. She has a ton of helpful info on her blog. She does sell oils but she doesn't push, she just shares her knowledge on them with everyone. (By the way I buy mine through Akins Health Food)

If you want to know more about herbs, especially through the childbearing year check out Shalom Mama. She knows a lot about herbs and can answer questions about them, where to get them and how to use them.

I'd love to hear if anyone out there is using either essential oils or herbs and how you use them.

No comments:

Post a Comment[Reply to comment]

Please leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you!
I will respond to questions in the comments, Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...