Saturday, November 5, 2011

Wedding Week

Friday night one of my sisters got married. And I think we all survived! I haven't been posting as much lately for 2 reasons and this is one of those reasons. I wasn't in the wedding party but I did have a lot to do as well.
Flowers left over from wedding

Last month I (with the help of my other 2 sisters) threw the bride a wedding shower. So of course there was lots of planning and creating. Then, it was time to get ready for the wedding. I was in charge of her hair and makeup, so I had to practice. And make some decorative items for the reception and help go shopping and help decorate.

So as you can see I've been a bit busy with all of that! She had an evening wedding so by the time all was done it was late and we were all exhausted! However Trey did great, he sat quietly through the ceremony and cooperated for the few pics he needed to be in. We were so proud of him.

The other reason I've been random lately is I've been furiously sewing away at Christmas presents! I started out a couple of months ago with all these ideas of things I could make for most on my Christmas buy list. Then when I started picking up most of my supplies I started getting overwhelmed. I was worried that I'd bitten off more than I could sew in time for Christmas.

So, I've been sewing like a crazy woman and completed 3 gifts so far (2 of them for one person). I still have 5 more things to make and I can't reveal what I've done as I don't want to ruin the surprise for them. I will be taking pics of completed items and sharing those the week after Christmas because I can't wait to share!

I can see the light at the end of the quilting tunnel as far as Trey's quilt goes. I'll share more on that in another post when it's done. But let's just say it's taking F-O-R-E-V-E-R! I should have it done this week sometime.

Because of all of this, I haven't really had a chance to do anything creative for myself. But I plan on working on that soon, but we'll see how the Christmas sew-a-thon is going. And I haven't read or done anything new in the health/natural front either.

I will try to be a bit more regular again, but if I'm not it's because I'm buried under fabric. I am having a lot of fun making all these gifts and can't wait to give them.

I hope you have a great weekend!

Comments make me Happy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment[Reply to comment]

Please leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you!
I will respond to questions in the comments, Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...