Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Craft: Baby Leggins

I've seen these a few places and thought that they were so cute and functional. And I've wanted to make them for a while but I don't have a baby to put them on. So, I'm making them for my friend's baby for Christmas.

Here's how I made these:

I bought 4 pair of knee socks at Target 2/$5 but one pair was on clearance for $1.75.

Then I kept both socks together and cut the heel off the leg part.


Then I cut the heel off the foot part.

Then I cut the toes off the foot part. Giving me 2 pieces: the leg and the foot


Then you take the small piece, the cuff, and fold half inside itself. Sorry kind of hard to explain here's the pic. Make sure the part you want to show is on the inside.


Then feed the leg part through the hole of the cuff and line up the raw edges.

After all the pieces are lined up and you are happy with it start sewing. You can pin this if you want, I just sewed slowly so I could keep everything lined up the way I wanted it. I also used a zig-zag stitch.
Turn the cuff up and your done! The cuff part goes on the baby's upper thigh.
I think they are so adorable! Now go find a cute baby to put these on!


Comments make me Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment[Reply to comment]

Please leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you!
I will respond to questions in the comments, Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...