Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Body Butter Review

About a month ago I talked about adoption and body butter. Well, I've been using it for a while now and I wanted to share what I thought of it.


Once I was notified of shipping it was to me super fast. The body butter flavor I requested is Sweet Orange and it's in a nice plastic tub, which I wasn't expecting (not sure why, but I wasn't). Kiara was kind enough to send me 2 chapsticks as well, one in Sweet Orange and the other Peppermint.

When I received the package the body butter was liquid (I think the chapsticks were too but I didn't check). BUT, it was a hot day and it sat in the mailbox for a while. Secondly I had remembered that I'd read that coconut oil turns to liquid at around 76 degrees. And all these products are made with coconut oil.

After opening the package and checking it out (I was excited), I stuck everything in the fridge for a couple of hours and it firmed back up. When I got them back out of the fridge and used them it actually felt really nice because like I said it was a warm day (90's).

It doesn't take much, a little goes a long way. It has a bit of a greasy (for lack of a better word) feel to it at first but after your body absorbs it in you aren't greasy. I think this comes from the coconut oil. It does moisturize very well and I really like it.

The chapstick I was very happy about because I'd just bought a store brand natural chapstick (which I like) but I knew these were more natural. They moisturize very well and smell nice too. You just have to be careful about putting these in your pocket when it's warm because they will start to melt (over 76 degrees).

All in all I'm very pleased with the products and would get them again. The only thing is that I didn't think that the body butter or the one chapstick smelled like Sweet Orange, I think they smell like chocolate bunny's! But the peppermint chapstick does smell like peppermint. But I still love them!

If you are considering a more natural chapstick or body lotion/cream go check out Kiara's blog. You would be supporting handmade, natural products and adoption all in one. And you can't beat her prices!

No comments:

Post a Comment[Reply to comment]

Please leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you!
I will respond to questions in the comments, Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...