Monday, August 8, 2011

Mama's Got a Brand "New" Bag

Since I've been using my clothes line the last couple of months I've been trying to figure out the best way to haul the clothes. Obviously I can't just carry the wet out and the dry in without some help. I know that most people probably use a laundry basket but I have a very small laundry room and I don't have room to store one so I don't use them. So I found an old bag and was using it. But the bag was too small.

I didn't want to go buy anything so I thought about making a bag. I had some canvas fabric that I'd bought many months ago and I thought that it would probably work the best. It'd be super durable and strong.

I didn't have a pattern or template so I just winged it. I used the small bag as a starting point just to get an idea of how big I wanted the bag. Then since this didn't need to be perfect or a particular size I just cut the fabric about where I thought it should be. I cut 2 large pieces for the sides and a small rectangle piece for the bottom. Although I cut it too big and had to sew it smaller. And I cut some straps.

I used a bright pink thread to run zig-zag stitches on the whole thing. I wanted it to look a bit homemade and fun. After sewing the whole thing I ran 3 rows of zig-zag stitches around the top as a border.

Because the fabric is a plain canvas, I thought it needed a little something. So I got out some old stencils (they were my parents' from over 25years ago) and I had some turquoise fabric paint and stenciled on the front of the bag.



I love how it turned out! It's plenty big enough and it's cute! It's bright and cherry with the pink and turquoise.

If you hang clothes on the clothes line, what do you use to haul the clothes in?

Comments make me Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment[Reply to comment]

Please leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you!
I will respond to questions in the comments, Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...