Monday, June 13, 2011

I Won!

I recently found out that I won a blog award, my first one!
Thanks to Paige at The Crunchy Mamacita for the award!



So Here is How It Works:

1. Thank the person who gave you the award by linking back to them in your post.

2. Tell us 7 things about yourself.

3. Award a few recently discovered bloggers.

4. Contact those bloggers and let them in on the exciting news!

 
7 Things about myself
 
1. I'm an organizing freak! I love doing it and even talk others into letting me organize their homes. For me it's addicting and when I do one area and love how it turned out I want to jump into another project immediately. I will run myself into the ground (not take breaks or eat) while working on some projects. Sometimes projects are so rewarding to me that it gives me a sort of high that's hard for me to come down from. I will occasionally reorganize parts of my house if I haven't organized in a while.
 
2. I love color. Although if you looked at my house you wouldn't guess it. I'm trying to push myself creatively by using more vivid colors instead of my go to safe neutral colors.
 
3. While in high school my Grandpa would take me out flying. He was captain in the army during WWII and Korea. He'd fix and fly planes. I had an interest in learning to fly so he'd take me out and we'd practice. I never truly learned but I did get to fly the plane several times. Maybe someday I'll really learn.
 
4. I've never mowed the yard, ever. Growing up my younger sister learned how (she was always more outdoorsy than me) and then when I got married I told David there is one thing I don't do and that's mow and so of course he does it. I have no intentions of ever pushing a mower, although I may ride a mower someday if needed....
 
5. Come this August David and I will be celebrating 13 years of not being apart for more than 24hours. It's something we cherish and work hard at. It hasn't always been easy but for us it's super important. We really enjoy being with each other and want to be together and so we are proud of this streak.
 
6. I love reading blogs, books, articles, whatever that show me a different perspective on things. It makes me reevaluate how I feel about things. It either solidifies how I feel or my eyes are opened to a new way of seeing something or I change my mind. No matter what I like to learn new things and see things from a different view. 
 
7. Out of all the furniture in my home we have only bought 5 pieces (current furniture): Desk, leather chair, family bed, recliner and tv dresser. All our other  furniture was either pieces we brought to the marriage or have been hand-me-downs or my Dad made. I don't mind a bit either because these pieces have a history, they have character and they don't look like something I'd find in most stores.
 
I tried to share 7 things that I haven't written about here.
 
Ok so I need to share the love. I'm awarding Nina from Shalom Mama she writes on natural health, being a mom, Godly living, living on purpose (of course I'd like that!) and creativity. Please go check her out and learn something new!
 
Comments make me Happy! 

1 comment:

  1. COOL! Thank you so much Marixa!

    I'll get to work on writing out those 7 things. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you!
I will respond to questions in the comments, Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...