Thursday, November 11, 2010

Increasing Fertility

Because we’ve been trying to get prego for some time we’ve started considering that other things may be hindering us. So lately we’ve been on a journey to figure out what that could be. First up, I went to the doctor and he had all my hormones checked. The results came back all normal. I had been feeling for a while that something in my system was off. I thought it was my hormones but that’s not it. So it got me thinking that maybe it’s that I’m deficient in some vitamins or minerals. After reading a blog post on healthy eating during pregnancy, I started doing more research on what vitamins and minerals I need to make sure I’m getting what would greatly help/increase fertility.
I’ve been feeling more and more the last several months that we need to start eating better. Now, we don’t eat very badly to begin with. My wonderful hubby, David, loves to cook and so we have a lot of made from scratch meals. We never do boxed or frozen (store bought) meals. But, even though we do have good meals, we don’t have enough veggies with them, or all the vitamins and minerals we need. And I have a serious addiction to chocolate/baked goods….

So through my research so far, I’ve learned that magnesium and calcium are super important to keep in balance with each other. As too much calcium can cause depression and infertility. So more magnesium (pumpkin seeds, spinach, sunflower seeds, and sesame seeds) will help with that. That acidifying foods can hinder fertility as well. Those foods are pork, beef, coffee, refined sugars and carbs and chocolate to name a few. Where lemons, watermelon, cucumbers, carrots, spinach, almonds are all alkalinizing foods (as well as many others).

These are just a few things I’ve found, but we are definitely going to be working on getting these areas in better shape. But I did think that some of this info was very interesting and I wanted to share.

I’d love to hear of any other natural ways to increase fertility, or other vitamins/minerals that will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment[Reply to comment]

Please leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you!
I will respond to questions in the comments, Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...