Thursday, September 9, 2010

Why I blog

I’m sure that there are tons of different reasons why people start blogs and continue to blog. I have a couple reasons myself. First, I was very hesitant to start a blog. When David first mentioned it to me I think I said something like “what would I write about?”. It took a long time before I started warming up to the idea of “going public”. But after doing lots of research on birth, and all things related I started feeling like I finally had something to say. I wanted a place to be able to put some of that info so I could reference it again when I wanted it. But that wasn’t my main reason. I wanted to be able to put info out there where others could get to it, but also a place I could challenge people’s thinking.


I’m starting to realize more and more that the majority of people make decisions based off of what those around them have either already done or what their community says they should do. The minority of people think twice about what others tell them and research for themselves. I think that we should all strive to challenge our own beliefs on everything and see if that’s how we really feel or if it’s just what everyone else is doing.

That’s what I want this blog to be about. I want to challenge your thinking on subjects. I want you to think about your view or opinion on a subject and make sure you have thoroughly thought it through. Changing your mind is not my goal. It’s showing you a different perspective or new info so you can be sure of your stance on the subject.

I love to read other’s blogs and be challenged in my thinking. I want someone to challenge it, because it forces me to look at why I think the way I think or believe the way I believe. Sometimes I change my mind sometimes I don’t. We need to constantly be growing and learning in life. At least that’s one of my goals. You become stagnant in life when you stop learning, and I definitely want to have a life fully alive.

Has there been anything recently that has challenged your thinking on a subject? What was it? Please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment[Reply to comment]

Please leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you!
I will respond to questions in the comments, Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...